- Where do you provide your construction services?
We build within the Windermere/Columbia Valley, from Fairmont in the south to Radium Hot Springs in the north, including Panorama
- How much experience do you have?
Forty years in the construction industry, including commercial and residential work in Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver and here. All of it has been in a management position.
- Are you licensed to build new homes?
Yes, we are a licensed builder in the Province of British Columbia with the new Home warranty program
- Do you have experience with alternative and sustainable sources of energy for heating homes?
Yes, extensively, including the construction of a 6,00o square foot home that utilizes a vacuum tube solar array to heat domestic hot water, provide radiant heat and ground source heat.
- I’m an absentee owner. How will you keep me informed of progress?
We utilize software designed specifically with the construction industry that integrates costing, scheduling and management tools with enabled client access portals to view the information in regards to each individual project on line.
- Can I tour a completed project?
Yes, please call to arrange an appointment.
- I am working with a construction mortgage. How will this impact the project?
Construction mortgage draws often do not meet the cash flow requirements of the project. It may be important for you to arrange interim financing, such as a line of credit to compensate for shortages in mortgage draws.
- Can you help with a selection of finishing materials, flooring, plumbing and lighting fixtures?
- I have accessibility requirements. Can you help me?
Yes. We can incorporate any accessibility needs into the planning and design of your home that may be required now or planned for in the future.
- Are your building methods and materials environmentally responsible?
Yes. We have the knowledge and experience to source sustainable products and materials for your home and we practice sustainable methods in the construction of all of the projects to the degree determined by budget.
- I want the best quality materials and craftsmanship that I can afford. an you work to my budget?
Yes. We are very sensitive to budget and have the experience to offer thoughtful suggestions on techniques and materials. This cn range from heating and ventilation systems to counter top materials and interior finishing. The craftsmanship is always top notch and the materials always selected to maximize value, durability and the finished product.
- How do we get started?
Just contact us and we’ll arrange a free consultation to discuss your project and what SkiHome can do for you.